Dr. Marlen Yan is a German qualified attorney (Rechtsanwältin) and Counsel in Quinn Emanuel’s Mannheim office. She was admitted to practice in 2010.
Marlen focuses on IP litigation with a particular emphasis on patent litigation. Since joining the firm in 2010 Marlen has represented national and international clients in a number of cases covering a wide range of technologies, i.e. telecommunications, automotive and biotech.
Marlen graduated from the Humboldt University of Berlin before starting her legal clerkship at the Kammergericht (Higher Regional Court) Berlin. She obtained a doctorate degree (Ph.D.) in law from the Technical University of Dresden and an LL.M. in Intellectual Property Law from the Technical University of Dresden and the Strasbourg University (France).
- Strasbourg University (France) & Dresden University of Technology
- District Court Berlin
(Legal Clerkship, 2006-2008; Second State Examination, 2008)
- Berlin Humboldt University
(Law Study, 2003-2006; First State Examination, 2006)
- Zhongnan University of Economics and Law, Wuhan, China
(Legal Language Study, 2002-2003)
- Saarland University
(Law Study, 2000-2002)
- The German Bar (Rechtsanwaltskammer Karlsruhe), 2010
- Best LL.M. Thesis of Year 2010 (awarded by Freshfield Bruckhaus Deringer)
- Member, DAV