Rex Lee is experienced in complex commercial matters, including arbitrations and mediations. He has represented clients in prominent commercial disputes, with a focus on complex financial transactions and instruments. Mr. Lee has represented banks, financial institutions and other clients in contract disputes, international arbitrations, bankruptcy proceedings, and other matters in federal and state courts. Mr. Lee is a 2004 graduate of Harvard Law School.
- Represented BNP Paribas in suit against Bank of New York Mellon alleging breach of contract for misapplication of insurance proceeds received in connection with RMBS investments.
- Represented Hildene Capital Management and seven other plaintiffs in a suit that enjoined a $3 billion proposed asset sale between BankAtlantic Bancorp and BB&T.
- Represented the Refco Litigation Trust and Refco Private Actions Trust (successors to the bankruptcy estate of Refco Inc. and its subsidiaries and assignee of private creditor causes of action).
- Represented ING Bank N.V. in the multi-district litigation arising from the collapse of National Century Financial Enterprises.
- Harvard Law School
- Rutgers University
(B.A., Political Science, highest honors, 2001)
- The State Bar of New York
- United States District Court:
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Selected as a SuperLawyer Rising Star (2014-2018)