Anastasia Fernands is of counsel in Quinn Emanuel's New York office. Her civil trial practice focuses on intellectual property matters with a particular emphasis on patent litigation. She has extensive experience litigating patents for both plaintiffs and defendants. Her practice encompasses all aspects of case preparation, including pre-suit investigations, fact and expert discovery, trial preparation, and trial.
Ms. Fernands has represented clients involved in a variety of complex technologies, including smart phones, pharmaceutical formulations, medical devices, and eCommerce. Ms. Fernands has litigated in jurisdictions throughout the country, including the District of Massachusetts, the District of Delaware, the Eastern District of Texas, the Northern District of California, and the International Trade Commission.
- Representing The Dow Chemical Company in ITC investigation and related state court action concerning emulsion polymers.
- Represented Samsung in patent litigation with Apple in the Northern District of California involving smartphone and tablet computer technology.
- Represented Vivus, Inc. in two Hatch-Waxman actions relating to its Qsymia® (phentermine and topiramate-extended release) product.
- Represented Everlight Electronics in patent litigation with Nichia Corp. in the Eastern District of Michigan involving white LEDs.
- Represented Respondent Motorola Mobility in an International Trade Commission Investigation involving three Apple patents.
- Represented Respondent Cablevision in an International Trade Commission Investigation involving five set top box patents.
- New York University School of Law
- Harvard University
(A.B., cum laude, 1993)
- The State Bar of New York
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- United States Court of Appeals:
- First Circuit
- Federal Circuit
- United States District Courts:
- District of Massachusetts
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Eastern District of Michigan
- Goodwin Procter LLP,
- Associate, 2002-2007
- Associate, 2002-2007
- Hutchins, Wheeler & Dittmar PC,
- Associate, 1996-2002
- Named as a “Super Lawyer” by New York Metro Super Lawyers, 2014-2017
- Co-author, “Building A Strong Case For The Defence,” IAM magazine supplement IP Value in the Life Sciences Industries (February 2006)
- Co-author, Chapter 2, “Preserving Client Rights,” in Settlement Agreements in Commercial Disputes (Aspen Law and Business, 2000)