Laura Fairneny joined Quinn Emanuel’s New York office in 2009. Her practice focuses on patent infringement litigation in offensive and defensive matters involving a wide-range of technologies, including medical devices, pharmaceuticals, and biotechnology. She also has experience representing clients in products liability and complex commercial litigation. Laura has litigated numerous cases through trial both in Federal court and before the International Trade Commission.
- Represented a non-profit organization in a breach of contract arbitration against an international pharmaceutical company involving mRNA drug therapies, winning an award of all requested damages and attorneys’ fees.
- Represented Vifor in Hatch-Waxman patent infringement litigation brought to protect its VELTASSA® brand products for the treatment of hyperkalemia, obtaining consent judgments with injunctions against all defendants.
- Represented Pfizer and Merck KGaA in patent infringement litigation brought against its BAVENCIO® brand anti-PD-L1 antibodies for the treatment of various cancers, and related patent inventorship litigation.
- Represented Allergan in Hatch-Waxman patent infringement litigation brought to protect its LINZESS® brand linaclotide peptide products for the treatment of various gastrointestinal disorders, obtaining consent judgments with injunctions against all defendants.
- Represented Neos Therapeutics in two Hatch-Waxman patent infringement matters brought to protect its ADZENYS XR-ODT® brand extended-release orally disintegrating amphetamine products and its COTEMPLA XR-ODT® brand extended-release orally disintegrating methylphenidate products for the treatment of ADHD, obtaining consent judgments with an injunction against the sole defendant in each matter.
- Represented Forest Laboratories, LLC in Hatch-Waxman patent infringement litigation brought to protect its NAMENDA XR® brand products for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease, obtaining consent judgments with injunctions against all defendants.
- Represented AngioScore, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Spectranetics Corp., in litigation against a former director for breach of fiduciary duty, winning a multi-million dollar verdict.
- Represented Life Technologies Corp. in two patent infringement matters involving PCR and DNA sequencing technology, which settled on favorable terms.
- Represented Covidien in patent infringement litigation brought against its surgical trocar products, winning summary judgment of non-infringement.
- Represented Cablevision Systems Corp. in an International Trade Commission investigation that sought to exclude our client’s importation of set top boxes, obtaining a finding of “no violation” of all asserted patents.
- Represented Tyco Healthcare Group LP in patent infringement litigation brought to enforce its surgical trocar patent rights, winning a jury verdict of infringement and damages
- University of Virginia School of Law
- Virginia Law Review:
- Editorial Board
- Order of the Coif
- Virginia Law Review:
- University of Virginia
(B.A., high distinction, Political and Social Thought, Biology, 2005)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- The State Bar of New York
- The Bar of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Legrome D. Davis:
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2008-2009
- Named a “Rising Star” in Intellectual Property Litigation from 2017 to 2019 by SuperLawyer Magazine.
- Selected by Law360 as a 2017 “Rising Star” in Life Sciences.