Jessica is Of Counsel in Quinn Emanuel’s Sydney office. Jessica joined the firm in 2016 after six plus years of practice in commercial litigation in the Melbourne and Perth offices of a leading global law firm. Jessica has experience in a broad range of complex commercial disputes, including class actions, directors’ and officers’ liability, product liability, major incidents and regulatory investigations and inquiries.
Jessica graduated with Honours from Monash University in 2009. She was named the Woman Lawyer of the Year (< 5 years’ experience) in 2015 by the Women Lawyers’ Association of Western Australia, and the Lawyer of the Year (< 5 years’ experience) in 2014 by the Law Society of Western Australia.
Jessica has experience and has appeared in matters in Australian Courts of all levels from the Magistrates Court to the Court of Appeal.
- Ardent Leisure Pty Ltd
- Arup Pty Ltd
- Aurizon Network
- BHP Billiton Iron Ore Pty Ltd
- Halifax Vogel Pty Ltd
- Insurance Commission of Western Australia
- Morgan Stanley
- STA Travel Pty Ltd
- Ardent Leisure – currently defending Ardent Leisure in respect of representative proceedings commenced by shareholders regarding alleged losses arising from the 2016 fatal accident at the Dreamworld themepark.
- Aurizon Network – represented Aurizon Network in a complex contractual dispute in the Supreme Court of Queensland in relation to payment of an above-regulatory fee for new rail infrastructure worth $900 million. The Supreme Court of Queensland and subsequently the Court of Appeal, found in Aurizon’s favour.
- BHP Billiton Iron Ore – represented BHP Billiton Iron Ore in relation to numerous regulatory investigations, prosecutions and disputes.
- BrisConnections v Arup – defense of Arup Pty Ltd in proceedings brought by the receivers of the Airport Link toll road in Brisbane, with a reported loss of $2.8 billion. The case was described as the largest matter then before the Federal Court of Australia and was successfully settled prior to the conclusion of the trial.
- Bell Litigation – represented the Insurance Commission of Western Australia in the final chapter of one of Australia’s longest running commercial disputes, worth $2 billion, across various proceedings in the Supreme Court of WA and the Federal Court of Australia. The Bell Litigation was successfully settled in 2020.
- Halifax Vogel – acted for Halifax Vogel in representative proceedings brought in the Federal Court of Australia in relation to alleged safety defects in Aluminum Composite Panels used on residential and commercial buildings.
- Monash University
(LLB, First Class Honours, 2009)
(B.A., Politics, 2009)
- Supreme Court of Victoria
- High Court of Australia
- King & Wood Mallesons